Head, Corporate Communications (HCC)
Back to all
Apply for this job
The Corporate Communications Unit provides advice and leadership on all aspects of internal and external communications and external relations. The Unit manages corporate social responsibility and outreach programs, 360 marketing strategies (online & offline), website, media relations, and publications.
What you need to do:
- Design and implement strategic communication initiatives that include print and radio media, digital and social media channels, and niche communications to increase the visibility and understanding of the institution’s vision and purpose.
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to secure coverage surrounding the programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities for engagement and influence by being current with developments that relate to all key stakeholders and partners.
- Anticipate reputational risk issues and develop and implement appropriate communication actions.
- Lead on the development, implementation, and monitoring of the brand guidelines.
- Work with senior management and department staff to determine the areas where the institution can impact the regional and international dialogue on development issues through the development and publication of materials, and participation in selected public speaking events.
- Manage the external surveys that evaluate the attitudes, opinions, and aspirations of the stakeholders and partners.
- Review the governance standards and operational protocols for the sign-off on all corporate communications emanating from the institution, to ensure that quality assurance is maintained, and brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Develop a calendar for external speaking engagements for key personnel, and assist in the preparation of speeches for senior executives.
- Champion communications throughout the institution to ensure that communication considerations form an integral part of policy-making, project designs, visits, and tours by the senior management.
- Work with management to develop internal communications programs and processes required to support organizational change and employee engagement initiatives.
- Develop and/or conduct media and communications training for staff, and assist in the development of ‘brown bag’ educational programs.
- The HCC should have strong results- and performance-orientation and embody and encourage best practices, creativity, and innovation. Strong leadership skills and demonstrated talent for fostering an empowered work environment are critical for success in this role. A sound understanding of the Middle East media environment would be an asset.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from an accredited university in Communications, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Journalism, or another related field.
- Significant management experience in mass communications and/or public relations within a matrix, collaborative environment with at least five (5) years at a management level.
- Exceptional research, writing, editing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong diplomatic and persuasive skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage reputational risk.
- A successful track record of managing new media and digital channels, including website development.
- Proven record of forging strong and effective relationships within the media environment and with internal stakeholders.
- Sensitivity to the regional, international, and multicultural environments in which the institution operates.
- Ability to develop strategies, plans, and programs to address complex corporate issues, recognizing complexity and uncertainty, and to evaluate the impact of those strategies.
- Ability to lead others in assuring existing or new, upcoming communication tools and media channels are fully leveraged to assure proper communication.
- Ability to rewrite or edit complex communications products for purposeful structure, clarity of ideas, and the logical persuasive presentation of content.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts for effective communication.
- Ability to manage multiple, high level, and visible projects.
- Adept at establishing rapport with diverse internal and external partners.
Candidates are also assessed for these competencies within our recruitment process to benchmark their skills and behaviors. The successful candidate should have a high level of proficiency in these competencies:
Strategic Focus, Analytical Thinking, Stress Management, Developing Others, Building Strategic Partnerships, Inspiring Trust, Fostering Creativity, Knowledge Capture and Sharing, Resiliency, Facilitating Change, Negotiating and Dialogue;
A Strong Client Focus, Drive for Continuous Development, Excellent Communication Skills, Teamwork, Integrity, and Results Orientation.