Back to all
Apply for this job
Our culture is the result of many years in the logistics industry. We constantly evolve and push our boundaries. If you want to work on interesting projects and innovate in the field of supply chain, we are the place for you. We constantly evolve and push our boundaries. If you want to work on interesting projects and innovate in the field of supply chain, we are the place for you.
What you need to do:
- Leads deployment and configuration management, release management, technical cut over, environment management and infrastructure automation.
- Applies DevOps thinking by bringing development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality of our delivery process.
- Architect the project Deployment Pipeline; the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application from development through to production.
- Defines and executes a balanced management methodology and can organize a diverse collection of technical activities into a coherent work stream.
- Liaises with various technical teams to encourage process transparency , mutually-beneficial design and delivery practices, and a clear view of role sand responsibilities across the Deployment Pipeline.
- Provides DevOps thought leadership focusing on the platform objectives, design goals and delivery roadmap how these are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach.
- Previous architecture or technical team lead experience
- A solid technical background, with at least 4years’ experience in implementation work
- A thorough grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to manage medium sized (5-20 people) technical teams
- Experience in a significant delivery or operation al role during the go-live of at least two major web sites (or other large IT systems)
- A good understanding of how an IT operations department is typically organized and the role that it plays within a large organization
- Strong general knowledge of what might be referred to as the "DevOps toolkit": continuous integration platforms ,infrastructure-as-code frameworks, application release automation tools, Iaa Sand PaaS technologies, Amazon AWS Cloud formation, scripting for automation, GIT or any other Source Control etc.
- Hands-on experience of Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Implementation experience with Ansible or Salt would be a plus
- ITIL certification at Foundation level or above preferred
- Expertise in Linux and Amazon AWS platform. Linuxs systems administration certification at RHCSA (or equivalent) level or above would be a plus